Hi there, it's nice to meet you 👋
I’m Geri, a UI & UX designer from London.
I've designed digital products for the past 15 years. I've worked mainly in-house for big old banks like Merrill Lynch, UBS, Lloyds Banking Group with a few Fintechs and startups in between.
Designing financial products is a curious fit. I don't wear a suit and I'm not that hot on spreadsheets. What gets me excited is creating products that positively affect people's lives. Over the years I've met a lot of humans and listened to their problems. I've designed tools and services to help these folks improve their financial health.
I'm currently working at Lloyds on Constellation - a design system across Lloyds, Halifax, Bank of Scotland and MBNA. Our design system enables product teams to make services that help Lloyds' 30 million customers manage their money.
I'm a massive form nerd and an accessibility advocate. I'm slowly learning how a design system can propagate accessible components at scale.
These days I’m more interested in a product that is inclusive than a product that looks pretty. My work wouldn't get any likes on Dribbble. But I hope it's helping our customers to make informed financial choices and hopefully in doing so, sleep a little sounder at night.
Be kind and take care of each other ♥️
- I grew up in New Zealand and only pretend to be British.
- I hold a BA in Digital Design from UAL with first class hons.
- I'm the 2% on Myers-Briggs who scores extroverted introvert. My team jokes I have always been self-isolating.
About this site
- I've enjoyed building and maintaining this little site over the years. It's just straight up HTML/CSS/JS off a Bootstrap grid. A basic understanding front-end code has made me a better designer.
- Typefaces are P22 Underground and Sailec. Please pay for fonts! They take a long time to make.