I design online brand identities for small and growing businesses. I craft these into thoughtful and responsive website layouts.
Design is more than a pretty facade. Good design solves problems and produces measurable results. I can help with the little details that engage your user, make you memorable and keep folk returning.
I can help you with...
I can create you a memorable visual identity or develop your existing brand online. Practically speaking : a logo, colour scheme, typography and consistent brand style.
I design clean, contemporary, responsive website interfaces. I start with pen and paper, wireframe out designs and keep you involved in each stage of the visual design process.
I deliver your developer fully specced designs, retina graphics and web ready icons. I started my career as a front-end developer so my designs work.
Whatever your business, chances are it's in a crowded market.
What sets you apart from the competition? I've helped businesses like yours to develop a contemporary brand image, a coherent user journey and a favourable Google ranking. My designs have:
- increased this site's traffic by 530%;
- helped small startups like this and MVPs like this develop a brand identity;
- made websites like this social sharing site easier to navigate;
- helped underperforming sites achieve a #1 Google ranking.
There's more detail on what I offer and the way I work here on my blog.
Need solid, actionable design advice for your online product or service? Let's have a chat.
Why choose me?
- As a freelancer my rates are significantly more affordable than an agency.
- My fees are based on the value I deliver for you, not the hours I work. Pay me at the end of the project when you are happy that my design fulfils the brief.
- I work with a small portfolio of clients. Engage me for a project and I am a dedicated resource.
I've got a 13-year proven track record.
Prior to freelancing, I spent three years as an in-house designer for UBS and six years at Merrill Lynch. I’ve designed for international charities and London agencies. I earned my stripes at the University of the Arts London, graduating with a first in Digital Media.
I write about design on my blog and on Twitter.
*Photo of me by Jon Holloway. My site is set in Futura and Brandon Grotesque, freshly served by Typekit.